NCTS began operating in January 2000 in response to EU legislation which made a national car test (NCT) compulsory. The NCT is a compulsory vehicle inspection programme in Ireland. The primary aim of this programme which falls under the directive 2009/40/EC, is to improve road safety and enhance environmental protection by reducing harmful vehicles emissions in Ireland.
It operates National Car Test centres across Ireland under a ten-year contract awarded by the Government.
Hopkins and Lockhart provide many services and helped many of our customers pass their NCT. Common repairs we see failures on is rust and corrosion and rust prevention, sharp/protruding panels, lights and bulbs, tyre’s to name a few. Drop in today for an inspection or pre NCT service.
Book your test at: www.nct.ie
Prepare for the test by ensuring that:
- Your car has adequate oil and water.
- The boot is empty and seats are clear of personal belongings. It is not necessary to remove baby seats, however, if they are in situ, they will be inspected for security and may fail.
- The vehicle is reasonably clean (especially the under body)
- The wheel hubcaps are removed (only in the case where the wheel nuts are NOT visible) and the tyre’s are inflated to the correct pressure.
- The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g. cam belt / timing belt. You may be asked to sign disclaimer at the test centre.
- Seat Belts and clips are fully visible.It is recommended that you coincide the servicing of your vehicle with its NCT.
Let us help you pass your NCT:
- Wheels and Tyre’s
- Chassis and Under Body
- Glass and Mirrors
- Rust Repair
- Bodywork Damage
- Seat Belts
- Engine Management Warnings
- Miscellaneous items
If you don’t know what you need, simply fill out the form below and we’ll contact you!